Garage Door Springs San Ramon

Garage door springs may start to malfunction after some time with regular use. In fact, the standard torsion spring is rated at 10,000 cycles which means you can open or close the door 10,000 times without any problem. After that, the spring should be repaired or replaced for optimal functioning of your garage door. Garage door spring repair is not a DIY project. A spring is pressurized to a certain extent where it can cause injury to anyone who tries to meddle with it without adequate experience on the subject matter. That’s why you need to pick an experienced garage spring installation company in town. Here are important things to look for in this regard.

The average cost of 2 torsion springs with a 3-5 year warranty period is $200. The price may differ according to the brand of the spring and your location. This is for a steel door that weighs under 140 lbs. In fact, more than 90% of doors installed in homes fall under this category. The remaining 10% are wood doors or highly insulated garage doors. If you have such a door, you should expect to pay an additional $50-100 for it. Before you call the garage door service to repair or install a new spring, you should know some important things. First, you should know whether your door is metal or wood. If it is metal, is it insulated? Is it a 7-inch or 8-inch insulated door? These are important things to know before you contact a reliable garage door service in the area.

In conclusion, garage door springs are some of the most difficult as DIY projects. It can injury a person who dabbles with it without the necessary experience. That’s why you need to call a reliable garage door repair service in the area.